A virtual event for the inauguration of the Science building of Alipur Rahmania School and College, Hathazri, Chittagong was organized by the High Commission of India on 23 July 2020. Hon’ble Minister of Information, Government of Bangladesh Dr. Hasan Mahmud was the chief guest of the ceremony. High Commissioner of India Smt. Riva Ganguly Das chaired the inauguration ceremony in which Member of Parliament Mr. Anisul Islam Mahmud MP, was the Special Guest.
- Hon’ble Minister of Information Dr. Hasan Mahmud said, “In fact, whenever it comes to Bangladesh-India relations, we have to thank India for its historic role in the great war of independence, for the support of the Indian government, for the unwavering support and assistance of the Indian people. Many Indian Army members gave their lives in our war of independence, I pay deep respect to them.” He further added, “The Government of India has continued to contribute to the economic development of Bangladesh since its independence. At present, there is multidimensional cooperation between our two nations.” Regarding school, he told that the construction of this school building will benefit the students of that school as well as the entire village. Apart from the construction of science buildings, BDT 7 lakh has also been allocated for computers and other educational materials. So, it will also play a very positive role in improving the school and improving the quality of education of local students.
- High Commissioner of India Smt. Riva Ganguly Das said “Today, India-Bangladesh relations have reached new heights. Both countries have expanded their cooperation to cover a wide range of areas. Besides interaction at the government level, India is also undertaking various capacity building projects covering social and human development aspects which are of direct benefit to local communities in Bangladesh through the High Impact Community Development Projects. We are very pleased to have assisted in the construction of the Science Block building of Alipur Rahmania School & College, Hathazari, Chittagong.”
- Hon’ble Member of Parliament Mr. Anisul Islam Mahmud MP said, “We hope that this kind of cooperation from India will continue in the future. On behalf of the people of Hathazari, I would like to thank the Government of India and the Indian High Commission.”
- An MOU for the construction of the ground floor of the 5-storied Science Block Building of Rahmania School and College, Hathazri, Chittagong was signed in 2017. The project was funded by the Government of India under the High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP) Scheme. The total cost of the project is BDT 51,42,845/-.
- Under HICDP, the Government of India extends support to various capacity building projects in various sectors such as education, IT, health, restoration of museums, cultural and heritage structures, disaster management, urban development, etc. In the past, Government of India has also supported the Renovation and Upgradation of Theatre Institute Chittagong (TIC) Auditorium; Installation of Deep Tube wells in Banskhali Upazila; Construction of an Academic Building at Farakkabad Degree College Chandpur; Singhara Ram Kanai High School, Anowara, etc. in the Chittagong region.